9 Great Reasons You Should Attend A Conference
If you are like most us, regardless of industry, the majority of our workday is spent in front of a screen and our social life literally goes hand-in-hand with our smartphone. More now than ever before we spend a lot of our time texting, emailing, or using one of the many social media options. We have never been more connected/informed on a local, regional, national and international level. So what’s missing….face-to-face conversations…the ability to meet in person and form those relationships that will make the difference in our business, career and personal life
1. Getting away, from the day-to-day and attending a conference can provide you with so much value. Here is a brief list of the top reasons why attending a conference should be one of your professional/personal goals for the year.
2. Energize you – Look after your – career and personal development time – stepping away from ‘work’ can give you energy for your work.
3. Meeting the Experts and Influencers – Inspiring Speakers, Educational Workshops, Exciting Exhibitors – opportunities to connect and share ideas
4. Networking Opportunities – Ideal networking is face-to-face – there can be so many opportunities to expand your network and your brand
5. New Tools – Maybe in the workshops or on the exhibitor floor – nothing can replace hands-on demonstration and interaction
6. New Tips & Tactics – Be open to watching and listening to the many informative and interactive presentations – there can be high value content delivered.
7. Education – Focused learning – a different environment can stimulate exciting ideas.
8. Invest in You – Nothing is more important and you are worth it. Attending a quality conference is an investment in you and your company.
9. Meeting Likeminded People – Finding the synergies, solving common problems, developing relationships that can grow your network.
Have Fun – Enjoy – There are so many opportunities – business – career – personal – it is all about giving yourself opportunities.